5.19.2005

Netflix Takes Over Wal-Mart DVD Rentals

Hooray Capitalism!

I use the Wal-Mart DVD rental service. I used to use Netflix. I switched to Wal-Mart for the lower price. Netflix had recently raised my rate so I scanned the market and learned of Wal-Marts entry. Once the DVD's started arriving it became clear that this market was almost indentical in terms of browse and delivery. Wal-Mart lowered my membership rate(2 DVDs out at the same time) over the next 2 years.

Today I learn that Netflix has agreed to take over Wal-Mart's DVD rental service. I guess that is ok, but I know my membership rate will increase. But even if it does rise I received a reminder from Blockbuster for some overdue fees I have not yet paid from November 2004. I still had my card and used it to rent Spartan to watch with some friends. Apparently we were a little late in returning the DVD. I paid $21 in late fees. Netflix will likely charge me $20 a month for the 2 DVD rental service.

Netflix is nice, but you really do pay an arm and leg for on demand rentals from Blockbuster.

1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Review Dawg said...

Hi, I’m out searching & surfing for the latest information on "online video rental" and found your blog. Although this isn't exactly what I am looking for, it caught my attention and I just read this post. I see now why Google pointed me here while I was searching for "online video rental" related stuff. I'm glad I stopped long enough to read your posts -- thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home